There are many users available at the internet who feel annoyed by Skype App automatically start at the PC and keeps running at the background. In this article, we will give a complete guide how you can stop Skype from running automatically at PC in windows 10.
Skype, Skype Preview and Skype For Business
Three different versions are available for the windows 10 PC. However, all of these versions are having the same problem of automatically starting on the PC and do not stop at the background.
The first version of the Skype is “Skype Desktop App” that you need to install at your PC for the Voice and video calling at the windows 10 PC.
The second version of Skype is “Skype preview”. This version is a part of the windows 10. It is available in all windows PC.
The third and last version of Skype is “Skype for Business”. It is a full version of Skype and considered as part of the operating system.
Stop Skype From Starting Automatically in Windows 10
First of all, let’s discuss the Skype Desktop app. When you install this app at your PC it will start automatically with your PC and keeps running in the background while your PC is on.
You just need to follow the steps to stop Skype from running automatically.
- First of all, you will have to open the Skype desktop app your PC. You can either open it by choosing the Skype shortcut available at your PC or by choosing Skype from list of apps.
- Log in to your Skype account. If you are already logged in then skip this step.
- At the top, you will see tools option, tap on it. After that, the dropdown menu will appear to choose the “option”.
- Uncheck the option of “Start Skype when I start windows” and save it.
This is it!! Skype app will not run automatically at your PC anymore. It will start when you tap on its shortcut.
After this you will not find the Skype app starting Automatically on your Windows 10 Computer, it will only start when you click on the Skype shortcut and launch the app on your Computer.
Stop Skype Preview From Starting Automatically in Windows 10
When you start the Skype Preview app it will ask you to enter the Microsoft account details. Once you enter your details you will stay logged in even if you reboot your device. In other words, it will start automatically with your device.
Follow these steps to prevent Skype from automatically starting with the PC.
- Tap on the start button then chooses the Skype preview App.
- At the screen, you will see the avatar at the left corner of the screen. Click on it.
- Next, tap on sign out option located at the bottom of the screen.
By doing so, you will be signed out from the Skype Preview App and it will not start up automatically with your device anymore.
Stop Skype For Business From Starting Automatically in Windows 10
If you are using Skype for business at your PC then follow these steps to stop Skype from automatically start at your device.
- Tap on the start button and open Skype for Business App.
- Log-in to your Skype account.
- You will see an arrow with the vehicle icon, tap on it. From here choose tools and then options.
- Options screen will be displayed. Tap on the personal tab and then uncheck the option of the automatically start App.
- In the last step, tap on the save button to keep these changes saved.