Are you facing the issue that your printer stays offline? Well, we are here to solve this problem. Follow these steps to keep your printer online in windows 10.
Printer Offline in Windows 10
There are many issues behind the printer offline. It may be due to paper jams, running out of paper or internet problem. Sometimes it happens due to outdated printers driver and some other hardware issues.
Such issues are halting printer from staying online. Once these issues will be fixed the printer will be online.
However, sometimes after checking all these issues printer still does not work properly so in such cases you will have to make it online manually.
If you are having such problem then these below-mentioned steps will be really helpful for you. So, keep reading this article
Make Printer Online in Windows 10
- Tap on windows 10 start open and choose the device manager option from the menu.
- Here, first, select the action tab and then devices and printers option from the drop-down menu.
- Next, right-click on offline printer option and then choose to see what’s printing from the contextual menu.
- Unmark the use printer offline option. Wait for few seconds until the printer showing online.
- When the printer starts, it will automatically print what was available in the print queue.
If the printer goes offline after becoming online or the option of the printer in showing in gray then you should troubleshoot this problem on your computer.
- Tap on the start button of windows 10 and then choose settings icon.
- Choose the devices option.
- Next, select the troubleshoot option available in the side menu and select the printer option.
- Here choose the run the troubleshooter option.
- Wait for the troubleshooter to provide you the suggestion to fix the issue. In this specific matter, the suggestion is to make it the default printer. These suggestions are may be different in your case. Like you may be needed to update your driver.
- Simply tap on apply this fix and completely follow the given instructions.